Resources for Nonprofits
Regional Earned Income Credit Collaborative and Free Tax Preparation
The earned income credit is the nation’s anti-poverty tool. This year the earned income credit maximum is $6,242 in 2015. But families must file taxes to receive this benefit.
If you are helping people achieve stability and self-sufficiency, you can help them meet their legal obligations, claim credits and get the refunds they have earned. They’ll keep more dollars in their pockets, avoid predatory lending, and maybe even learn a useful skill.
Do you work for a nonprofit organization that serves clients who may be eligible for EITC? Could your co-workers benefit from receiving information on the EITC and our free tax prep service?
- Share a link on your website or in your agency newsletter: Add an announcement with a link to www.makeworkpay.com on your website or share with employees or clients via e-mail.
- Distribute flyers and posters: Place flyers and posters on bulletin boards, and as handouts at meetings. Download Flyer | Request free copies
- Include flyers mailings, thanksgiving and Christmas giveaways, etc: Timing is everything! Include our flyer or payroll insert with holiday offerings. Download Flyer | Request free copies
- Make tax filing part of your lifeskills or stabilization services: Open a computer lab for free tax filing or offer tax coaching sessions for your clients. We can help; contact us for more information.
- Your employees are also eligible for assistance. Click here for more information.
- Volunteer! and Advocate for the Earned Income Credit!