Free Tax Assistance: Keep Your Hard Earned Money
Tired of paying high tax preparation fees? United Way and community partners provide free tax preparation services to hard working individuals and families in our Tri-State region.
In 2015, more than 19,000 local families received almost $24 million in tax refunds. It’s easy, fast, and free. Here’s how:
- File your taxes online for free!
- MyFreeTaxes is a United Way-supported free online service for filing federal and state taxes. Users have access to one-on-one help through phone or chat.
- Learn to file your own taxes facilitated self file
- Use the MyFreeTaxes system to file your own taxes in a group setting with a trained tax volunteer coach. Classes are scheduled at Financial Opportunity Centers and community colleges in our region.
- Free tax preparation services with a volunteer from VITA, AARP or Ohio Benefits Bank. It’s fast, accurate and free.