United Way is committed to improving financial stability for individuals and families throughout our region. This includes helping hardworking people obtain free tax preparation and filing services and qualifying for the Earned Income Tax Credit (EITC) and other credits.
HOW TO GET HELP
- Drop Off and Drive-through Tax Preparation & Filing
Bring tax forms and identification to a physical location and either drop your documents off or stay in your car while your return is prepared, depending on the location. At all locations, an IRS certified tax volunteer will prepare and e-file your returns.
- Virtual Tax Preparation & Filing
Electronically submit your tax forms and answer questions, then a United Way certified tax volunteer will prepare and file your return for free.
Prepare and file your tax return yourself using easy-to-use software. This free to low-cost, secure and mobile website is sponsored by United Way and powered by H&R Block. Open to all income levels, however there may be a low cost ($15-$50) associated with some tax returns including Schedule C, D, E, and HSA related tax forms. If you need assistance call the Tax Helpline at 866-698-9435.
- Other IRS free file options
TAX NEWS & UPDATES
- The IRS tax filing and payment deadline has been extended to July 15, 2020.
- Economic Impact Payments (stimulus checks) have started processing April 15 from the IRS. Visit irs.gov/coronavirus/economic-impact-payments to learn more about eligibility.
- Eligible individuals with adjusted gross income up to $75,000 will receive $1,200 payment
- Eligible married couples filing a joint return with an adjusted gross income up to $150,000 will receive $2,400 payment
- Parents also get $500 for each eligible child under 17
- In order to receive, you will need to file your 2019 or 2018 tax return filed
- Social Security beneficiaries who are not typically required to file tax returns, payments will automatically be deposited into their account
Questions? E-mail us at firstname.lastname@example.org.