Free Tax Prep
- Don’t like doing your taxes?
- Need help filling out the forms & filing?
- Earn less than $56,000?
- Tax Sites Open after April 18
You may qualify for free tax preparation services provided by trained volunteers at one of many VITA sites throughout the region.
More than half of all taxpayers pay a professional tax preparer to file their tax return. While this is great for those with complex tax issues, it can cost $200 or more, and often involves additional fees for loans, cash advances and company cash cards.
VITA (Volunteer Income Tax Assistance) volunteers are highly trained and accurate; they never sell or charge you anything. Your return is filed electronically and the IRS refund is deposited directly into a bank account in about 7 to 10 days.
- Eligibility/Types of returns filed
- What to bring to a tax site
- Print the Flyer
- Click here for help doing your own taxes online from home!
- Informacion sobre servicios en español
VITA can’t help if you are already “in controversy” with IRS about former year taxes. In that case, contact one of the Low Income Tax Clinics: