By offering free, quality tax prep and ensuring eligible families claim the Earned Income Tax Credit, local volunteers helped file 19,800 returns, bringing almost $21 million back to the local economy last tax season.
No previous experience is necessary, though we do ask that volunteers commit to working a minimum of 12 hours during tax season, January 31- April 15.
Free IRS training and certification is provided to all of our volunteers. Not only will you be giving back as a volunteer – you’ll learn a valuable skill!
- Review the descriptions for Tax Preparers and Greeter/Screeners to determine which opportunity is the best fit for you.
- Complete a Volunteer Application and check your e-mail for additional instructions.
- Review lessons 1-4 (and additional lessons as needed) in the online training, until you feel comfortable to attempt the certification test.
Extra credit: Share this page on Facebook, Tweet it, send an e-mail, or print a flyer to spread the word.
Not ready to commit yet?
- Check out our videos to hear a few volunteers speak first-hand about their experience
- Read more: United Way, partners garner $21 million for local families
- We need volunteers to greet clients at our sites, just select the “Greeter/Screener” box on your Application.