Join this effort to offer free tax preparation to low and moderate income residents of Greater Cincinnati, Butler County, and Northern Kentucky.
By offering free, quality tax prep and ensuring eligible families claim the Earned Income Tax Credit, local volunteers helped file 18,207 returns, bringing more than $21.3 million back to the local economy last tax season.
No previous experience is necessary, though we do ask that volunteers commit to working a minimum of 12 hours during tax season, January 31- April 15.
Free IRS training and certification is provided to all of our volunteers. Not only will you be giving back as a volunteer – you’ll learn a valuable skill!
- Review the descriptions for Tax Preparers and Greeter/Screeners to determine which opportunity is the best fit for you.
- Complete a Volunteer Application and check your e-mail for additional instructions.
- Review lessons 1-4 in the online training materials, and additional lessons as needed, until you feel comfortable to attempt the certification test.
Informal Open Practice and structured Classroom Training sessions will be available for volunteers in need of additional support.
Extra credit: Share this page on Facebook, Tweet it, send an e-mail, or print a flyer to spread the word.
Not ready to commit yet?
- Check out our videos to hear a few volunteers speak first-hand about their experience
- Read these articles to learn more: Volunteer as an EITC tax preparer – It’s win-win! | VITA-min EITC: Helping families get a financial boost | The ‘Mad Hatter’ takes up a cause: EITC | Two words you never want to hear: Tax Audit
- We need volunteers to greet clients at our sites, just select the “Greeter/Screener” box on your Application.