Join this effort to offer free tax preparation to low and moderate income residents of Greater Cincinnati, Butler County, and Northern Kentucky.
By offering free, quality tax prep and ensuring eligible families claim the Earned Income Tax Credit, local volunteers helped file 19,800 returns, bringing almost $21 million back to the local economy last tax season.
No previous experience is necessary, though we do ask that volunteers commit to working a minimum of 12 hours during tax season, January 31- April 15.
Free IRS training and certification is provided to all of our volunteers. Not only will you be giving back as a volunteer – you’ll learn a valuable skill!
- Review the descriptions for Tax Preparers and Greeter/Screeners to determine which opportunity is the best fit for you.
- Complete a Volunteer Application and check your e-mail for additional instructions.
- Review lessons 1-4 (and additional lessons as needed) in the online training, until you feel comfortable to attempt the certification test.
Extra credit: Share this page on Facebook, Tweet it, send an e-mail, or print a flyer to spread the word.
Not ready to commit yet?
- Check out our videos to hear a few volunteers speak first-hand about their experience
- Read more: United Way, partners garner $21 million for local families
- We need volunteers to greet clients at our sites, just select the “Greeter/Screener” box on your Application.