Tax Assistance

United Way is committed to improving financial stability for individuals and families throughout our region. This includes helping hardworking people obtain free tax preparation and filing services and qualifying for the Earned Income Tax Credit (EITC) and other credits.


  • Drop Off and Drive-through Tax Preparation & Filing
    Service has ended for the season and will resume in January 2021.
    Bring tax forms and identification to a physical location and either drop your documents off or stay in your car while your return is prepared, depending on the location.  At all locations, an IRS certified tax volunteer will prepare and e-file your returns.
  • Virtual Tax Preparation & Filing
    Service has ended for the season and will resume in January 2021.
    Electronically submit your tax forms and answer questions
    , then a United Way certified tax volunteer will prepare and file your return for free.
    Prepare and file your tax return yourself using easy-to-use software. This free to low-cost, secure and mobile website is sponsored by United Way and powered by H&R Block. Open to all income levels, however there may be a low cost ($15-$50) associated with some tax returns including Schedule C, D, E, and HSA related tax forms. If you need assistance call the Tax Helpline at 866-698-9435.
  • Other IRS free file options


  • September 25 | Did you get your stimulus payment?
    The United Way’s 211 Economic Impact Payment Helpline is available to answer your questions and help you file your information with the IRS to receive your stimulus payment. Contact the 211 Economic Impact Payment Helpline at +1 844 322 3639 for assistance. IRS-certified volunteers are also available at to provide free assistance filing your paperwork with the IRS to get your stimulus payment.
  • August 7 | 2020 Tax Season Results
    During a global pandemic, United Way of Greater Cincinnati assisted more than 8,000 individuals and families with preparing and filing their tax returns. In such an unprecedented and uncertain time, this is an essential service taxpayers rely on. United Way helps taxpayers claim eligible credits such as the Earned Income Tax Credit, which helps to maximize their refund during the 2020 tax season, Free Tax Prep and the MyFreeTaxes program, which yielded more than $12 million in refunds to individuals and families in our community and saved taxpayers over $2.2 million in filing fees.
  • April 15 | Economic Impact Payments
    Economic Impact Payments (stimulus checks) have started processing from the IRS. Visit to learn more about eligibility.

Questions? E-mail us at